Friday, June 27, 2014

I've taken a break, but for a good reason, promise!

So It's been a while since I've written anything. I have to admit. The two online classes I am taking this summer are kicking my butt. Medical terminology is NOT fun and Basic Health Pro Skills...well...you can just imagine. But I know that this is just one little step in my path to progress of my life and within myself. I've dedicated myself to eating cleaner (at least trying anyways), working out more with Cameron (the couple that works out together stays together) and focusing on things that I love to do.

Lately, Cameron and I decided to start working on remodeling the house we just bought. When we first purchased the house in November of 2013, we were so excited and wanted to do everything and anything all at once...well that is impossible and expensive! We did manage to accomplish a few things but slowed down considerably. Now we have actually made a list of needs and wants. Things that need replacing and things that can wait. Projects that need a lot of time, and projects that we can do in one weekend.

Surprisingly, this has brought us even closer as a couple and as friends. Working on our house is something we both enjoy doing and neither of us mind the hard work or time that goes into it.

So for Favorites Friday, I have decided to post my Five Favorite Pinterest picks!
We love to entertain! And this is perfect for our backyard! We have already cleared out the space needed and we are working on cultivating the grass so that its much thicker and healthier next spring and summer. We are planning on using a similar stone like the one in the picture and will probably lay out some more pillows to make it extra comfy!

This bedroom reminds me of ours! We have just finished painting it close to the color in this picture. The curtains in our guest room are white instead, and we are accenting the wall with some artwork and some lighting. Whenever I pass the room at night, I feel like I'm passing a sanctuary! The colors are very warm and inviting!

The kitchen will probably be the very last room we remodel because we want it to be our favorite. We spend the most time in this room. We are always cooking together. If we aren't then someone is cooking and the other one is seated in the bar area talking about how their day went. When we saw this kitchen, this is what we envision! Dark cabinets, beautiful counter tops, space for seats, and bright light.

The master bathroom is also very important to us. And these glass panels are very sleek and contemporary. The lighting in this picture makes the bathroom very grand and classic and I love clean white lines of the wainscoting. Beautiful and in the works!

Last but certainly not least. Our sun room. We were very blessed to purchase a house with a built in sun room. We would like to remodel the sun room to make it more like this one. This one seems more lived in and we certainly want it to be a room that is welcoming to our guests.

So many options and those are just a few of our favorites! We have so many more years in the house and I really want to enjoy every second of it!

So far, so great!!

Talk soon!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment