Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Favorites!

Whoo Hoo! Its Friday and I am SO very happy! Things in my life are coming together just as planned! It's been very easy lately to fall into a rut because I'm in school and work full time, but I don't mind it at all. We have a routine and sometimes that routine keeps me going! When I lived in Los Angeles, the routine was a little crazier!

Speaking of LA, let me get into my Friday Favorites! This morning I had to get all dolled up for an event happening at work. This wasn't difficult. I have plenty of dresses and heels to choose from! But it made me think about all of the trends that have come back around! Here are the 5 that came to mind:
Dolce & Gabbana White Pant. These are very sleek and stylish. You can wear them with almost any color. I purchased my first pair over 7 years ago so I  know that they are a classic style!

Floral short. When I bought a pair at an Los Angeles H & M store, I was so excited! They reminded me of a skirt but more comfortable! I paired them with a cute black tank and 5 inch wedges and danced the night away!

The scarf, tank, and maxi...what don't I love about this look. I used to rock this look on Fridays at my old job because I wanted to look dressed up and NOT wear jeans. Now this is possible in LA. This is NOT POSSIBLE in Corpus Christi. It isn't even possible in San Antonio so I laugh inside when I see girls try to sport this look in 90 degree weather and 90 percent humidity!

A classic look from Michael Kors. I have several dresses like this in my closet. Unfortunately, I don't work in an office that requires I dress like this anymore. It's disappointing when I workout in the mornings and face all of the pairs of heels I have, wondering when I will get to enjoy them For now, its only on date nights and special occasions!

Last but certainly not least! The pointed toe heel. I have plenty of these types of heels. I have always been a fan. Round toe, not so much. In my opinion, this style is much more classy and elegant and makes you taller and leaner!


They always say that trends recycle themselves but I think the ones above are here to stay! Classic pieces that you can wear with anything to almost any function!

Hope you have a few in your closet just like me!

Talk soon!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment