Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

Just recently I have challenged myself to give a 100% in anything I do. I have been working out everyday and am cautious about what I eat.

But....that doesn't mean I don't absolutely love food! I'm a closet foodie and wish that I could eat anything and everything and be thin. But that just isn't in the cards for me. Cameron and I have fun cooking together and searching for healthy recipes that we enjoy. Here are a few of my favorites:
Bison burger! If you haven't tried this type of meat, I suggest you do. It is healthier and leaner than regular ground beef and the taste is amazing!

Chicken and cheese tortellini soup. This is fairly easy to make and we added chicken as our protein for the dish.

Fried orange chicken with saffron rice. This is one of my favorites! Usually I grill the chicken for a healthier option but this time decided to lightly fry the chicken pieces.

Huaraches with beef fajita and Mexican rice. Huaraches are a popular staple in Los Angeles and I fell in love with them when I lived there. Huarache translated mean "shoe". Although I didn't shape the masa to look like a "shoe", its still the same!

Grilled salmon with baby shrimp and lemon broccoli. We make salmon at least once a week. It is super healthy and has a great taste!

Tacos Dorados. These tortillas are lightly friend in olive oil and shaped to resemble a hard taco. We stuff them with shredded chicken and top them with some avocado and crema (mexican style sour cream).

Turkey with homemade mashed red potatoes and french style green beans. I left this in the crockpot all day and it was tender and juicy! 

So there you have it! 

We are always looking for new and exciting recipes, feel free to send some our way!

Talk soon!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment