Tuesday, March 25, 2014

So you think I'm pregnant?!

So every now and again, someone will ask me if I'm pregnant. Its not because I have a belly the size of a basketball, or because I am eating pickles and ice cream, or even because I am bloated and wearing maternity clothes! No, no, no....its all because I enjoy wearing the one style that I realize now, can never be in my closet again...The EMPIRE waist.

I wore a cute tank top that just so happen to be empire waist. The material was light and airy and there were lace shoulders to compliment the top. Cameron and I were coming out of a restaurant and two ladies approached us to inquire about the establishment. One women asked what I had ate so I answered, "A burger, but I worked out today, so it was my treat." Her response? "Oh! Are you eating for two?" I couldn't believe what she had just said. My stomach is flat and in this top you can't even tell, so why would she ask? I quickly responded with "No, I just though Cameron and I would pretend tonight." Needless to say she was embarrassed and apologized over and over again. LOL...but I vowed to Cameron to never wear an empire waist again. This wasn't the first time and I knew it probably wouldn't be the last. I love this style because its comfortable but I am realizing now that it may not flatter me like I would want.

So here is an ode to empire waists everywhere...I loved you but you must go now...please don't try to contact me, I won't pick up, I won't answer the door. Goodbye...





Talk later!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment