Monday, March 17, 2014

I'm back and better than ever!

So it's been a while since I've last blogged anything. From what I remember, I was miserable and in a dead end relationship. Well, things have changed considerably since then! I moved from Los Angeles to San Antonio and then to Corpus Christi to be closer to my family and my boyfriend Cameron. Needless to say I am happier and healthier!

Let me start off by saying that my blogs will contain nothing but the truth. I don't sugarcoat anything. I thought it was important to start blogging again because I will use it as my sounding board, my friend, my diary. This will be where I talk about my innermost feelings. This will be where I tell stories and laugh about the crazy things I encounter. But most importantly, this will be where I give you a little piece of me, flaws and all.

This past weekend Cameron and I headed to San Antonio. We always have a great time anywhere we go but San Antonio holds a special place in our hearts. This is our mini vacation, our retreat, our getaway from all the craziness of life. Here we can be stress free and enjoy ourselves to the fullest. Here are a few of our favorite places in San Antonio:

When we feel like seeing a movie, we don't see it in Corpus Christi, we see it in San Antonio. The Alamo Drafthouse at Westlakes is never packed, the staff is always friendly, and the food is pretty good too! We like the atmosphere and it's vintage feel. Go check it out!



The Flying Saucer in a draught emporium that offers a wide selection of imported and domestic quality craft beers. They also have a full pub menu. Cameron is a member and is working on his first plate. Here at the Saucer, if you drink 200 different kinds of beers then you are awarded a custom plate which goes up on their wall inside. The only catch is that you can only have 3 beers a day towards your goal. Cameron is past 100 so it will be a while before he gets that plate! FYI, this specific location does not have liquor, while others in Austin, Dallas, and Houston do, so if you are looking for more than just beer, you're just gonna have to have a cider!



Talk about cheap eats! This is our go-to place for cheap food and a quick snack. They are open 24 hours and the service is excellent! Mama Margie's makes authentic tacos, burritos, mexican plates. They even have margaritas and beer!



And finally SOHO. By far, one of the best bars that Cameron and I have been to. This wine and martini bar is near the Riverwalk in dowtown San Antonio. The bartenders are masters at their skill and the menu boasts specialty drinks like Cucumber Fresca, Creme Brulee martini, and Pineapple Rita. Every time we go there the drink menu changes so its a new experience with every trip!

Cameron and I haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to fun things in SA, we are just getting started! I hope that you have a place like this that you can get away to even if just for a day. We all need that time to relax, have fun and enjoy ourselves!

Talk soon!
-Monica





1 comment:

  1. You're looking great, Monica, and it's good to see you happy! I dig the tropical theme of your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete